With everything you do on your phone, it helps to have a screen that can accommodate it all. With a 4:3 aspect ratio, the Pantech Pocket's 4-inch touchscreen display features enhanced rendering and plenty of room to view all of your apps.
A wider web browsing experience with the Pantech Pocket 4-inch screen (view larger).
At a Glance:
- 3G/4G HSPA+ connectivity
- Android 2.3 OS
- 1 GHz processor
- 4-inch touchscreen
(4:3 aspect ratio)
- 600 MB memory + 2 GB microSD card
- 5-MP camera + HD 720p video record
- GPS navigation
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi
- Stereo Bluetooth
- Personal/corporate e-mail
Enjoy the Internet without compromise with the full HTML browser and support for Adobe Flash as well as streaming YouTube videos. The Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) operating system brings one-touch access to the popular Google mobile services you use every day, including Google Search, Gmail, Google Maps with Navigation, Google Calendar, Picasa, and YouTube. And through Android Market, you'll get access to thousands of useful applications, widgets, and fun games to download and install on your phone, with many more apps being added every day.
With AT&T's 4G network, you'll enjoy mobile broadband speeds up to 4x faster than AT&T's already fast mobile broadband network (learn more below). You also get the AT&T Mobile Hotspot service built right into the smartphone--enabling you to connect additional Wi-Fi-enabled devices to the phone's mobile broadband signal (requires appropriate data plan). This GPS-enabled phone can also access the AT&T Navigator service for turn-by-turn directions.
Capture snapshots and videos on the go with the 5-megapixel camera, which provides HD 720p resolution video recording. Other features include a pre-loaded Amazon Kindle e-reader app, Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, a 600 MB internal memory, included 2 GB microSD card (with expansion to 32 GB via optional cards), GPS for navigation and location services, and up to 6 hours of talk time.
The Pantech Pocket weighs 4.41 ounces and measures 4.52 x 3.07 x 0.44 inches. Its 1650 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 6 hours of talk time, and up to 432 hours (18 days) of standby time. It runs on AT&T's dual-band 4G HSPA+ network (850/1900 MHz; HSPA+/HSDPA/UMTS). It's also a quad-band GSM phone (850/900/1800/1900 MHz GPRS/EDGE).
What's in the Box
Pantech Pocket handset, rechargeable battery, charger, 2 GB microSD card, USB cable, documentation kit
AT&T 4G Network
This phone runs on AT&T's dual-band 850/1900 MHz 4G network (UMTS/HSDPA/HSPA+), and with HSPA+ you'll experience mobile data speeds up to 4x faster than ordinary mobile broadband--up to approximately 6 Mbps (download). AT&T has deployed HSPA+ to virtually 100 percent of its mobile broadband network, which enables 4G speeds when combined with enhanced backhaul (via Ethernet or fiber).
See larger image.
Backhaul is one of the major pieces of a telecommunications network. Think of it as the limbs connecting AT&T's cell towers with AT&T's backbone network that provides access to the Internet.
In areas where either AT&T's 3G or 4G network is not available, you'll continue to receive service on the AT&T EDGE network, which offers availability in more than 13,000 US cities and along some 40,000 miles of major highways.
Note: AT&T's 4G mobile broadband coverage is not available in all areas. 4G speeds delivered by HSPA+ with enhanced backhaul; availability increasing with ongoing backhaul deployment.
Optional AT&T Services
AT&T Navigator: This premium GPS navigation application includes audible turn-by-turn directions, real-time traffic updates and re-routing options, and 3D moving maps (additional charges applicable). AT&T Navigator offers several other features to make your commute more enjoyable and reliable, including mobile access to Yellowpages.com. You'll be able to find the closes ATM, restaurant, gas station, Wi-Fi hotspot and more with over 10 million business listings.
AT&T U-verse Live TV allows you to experience live, on-demand, and downloadable mobile TV so you can watch wherever you happen to be. Watch your favorite channels and shows on your mobile phone, including live sports on ESPN Mobile TV and NBC Sports., breaking news on MSNBC and Fox News, the most popular children's programming from Disney Channel, and More. Hundreds of full-episode, on-demand shows are available from top networks like MTV, Comedy Central, ABC Mobile, and many more.
- Ultra-fast 4G connectivity via AT&T's HSPA+ network. Where 4G isn't available, your phone will connect with AT&T's 3G network.
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
- AT&T Mobile Hotspot capable enabling you to connect multiple devices--from tablets to gaming devices--to the phone's 3G/4G cellular connection via Wi-Fi.
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and A2DP audio streaming.
- Onboard GPS for navigation (using pre-loaded Google Maps or optional AT&T Navigator) and location services
Communications & Internet
- Full messaging capabilities including SMS text, MMS picture/video and IM instant messaging
- Full HTML browser (Webkit 5) with Flash 10.1 Support
- Personal and corporate e-mail access with support for Exchange ActiveSync as well as mobile e-mail accounts (Google push, Yahoo!, POP3, IMAP).
- 1.0 GHz dual-core processor speeds up everything--from playing games to watching shows to opening files from work.
- 4.0-inch multi-touch display with 4:3 aspect ratio (600 x 800 pixels; 262K color depth).
- MicroUSB port
- 600 MB internal memory
- Pre-loaded 2 GB microSD card with support for optional cards up to 32 GB.
- 5-megapixel fixed-focus camera with 4x digital zoom.
- HD 720p video recording
- Music player compatible with MP3, WMA, AAC, and WAV.
- Video player compatible with MP4, M4V, AVI, WMV, and 3GP.
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Hands-free speakerphone
- Hearing Aid Compatibility: M4/T3
Android Gingerbread Operating System
The Pantech Pocket runs the Android 2.3 operating system (dubbed Gingerbread) which features a cleaner, more refined interface with new icons, improved top notification bar, and more intuitive navigation.
Multitasking in Gingerbread allows you the ability to run more than one app at a time. If you're playing a game, you can easily switch to an incoming e-mail and then switch back to the game without losing your place. And like the previous version of Android ("Froyo"), Gingerbread provides support for Adobe Flash Player 10.1 for access to the full Web.
The onscreen keyboard makes it easier to type thanks to additional spacing between the keys and larger font sizes. And the more you use the keyboard, the easier typing will be as the enhanced suggest feature records previous input history to make better suggestions.
The Pocket also brings one-touch access to the popular Google mobile services you use every day. It also provides easy access to both personal and corporate e-mail, calendars, and contacts supported by Exchange Server and Gmail. And through Android Market, you'll get access to thousands of useful applications, widgets, and fun games to download and install on your phone, with many more apps being added every day.
- Android Market for browsing and downloading thousands of free and paid apps
- Pre-loaded Android apps: Browser, Calculator, Calendar (Google or Corporate), Camera, Clock, Contacts, Email, Gallery, Messaging, Music, News & Weather, Phone, Settings, Video Player, Voice Dialer, Voice Search, YouTube
- Google applications: Gmail, Google Search, Google Voice Search, Google Latitude, Google Maps, Google Places, Google Talk
- Google Maps Navigation with spoken turn-by-turn directions showing real-time traffic and 360° views of the destination
Also Available for This Android Device
Amazon Appstore for Android
Get a great paid app for free every day.
Buy a book once and read it everywhere with our free Kindle Reading App for Android.
Shop 15 million songs and stream your Cloud Drive music directly from your Android device.
Find local movie showtimes and TV listings, watch trailers, and search the world's largest source of entertainment information.
Download audiobooks directly to your Android device, then listen wherever you go, get audiobook news, earn badges, and more.
Shop for millions of products, get product details, and read reviews--right from your mobile device.